Friday, January 28, 2011

Big Day Out - Sydney (Day 2 of 2) and Headline show...

So, the second day at the Big Day Out in Sydney went very smooth! The sun was such a scorcher and, wouldn't you know it, the clouds came out minutes after we were off stage. I couldn't believe it...the weather cooled down about 10 degrees as soon as we were finished! haha

The next day we had a headline show in Sydney as well. This was first full set show we've done since we left home. It is always odd when you are playing festival shows all the time and are done by 6pm everyday, then have to go play a headline show. The band played from 9-10:50pm, which was when we were all used to being in bed! Such a strange thing to adapt to. 

Everything was going great during the show and everyone was having a great time. When we were all done, I was packing up all the gear and then I noticed something made me furious...

I was packing up my workbox and Stef's pedalboards, turned around to grab another case and when I turned back I noticed that someone had stolen all my notes from the lid of my workbox and took my miniature guitar decorations.

So, some punk ass drunk a-hole out there has every single note and setting I've made for Stef's guitar rig since I've been working for him in June. What is wrong with people...I just don't get it. Hope this kid gets what's coming to him for taking everything. 

After this I sort of had a melt down and yelled at the security that was supposed to be guarding the backstage area. There was no one there at all and people were walking wherever they wanted to. I just don't get it...if they wanted a set list, I would have given them one if they just asked. But to steal everything I need to do my job, thinking its a setlist, is just the worst thing someone could have done.

Moral of this story...don't turn your back, even if it is for 20 seconds because there are some crappy people out there who will take whatever they want when you aren't looking.

Goodbye Sydney...and good riddance! 

Off to Melbourne, which just so happens to be my favorite city in Australia!


No comments:

Post a Comment