Monday, February 7, 2011

Pacific Rim Tour - Jakarta Indonesia

Yesterday we flew from Perth Australia to Singapore to Jakarta. Basically had to fly hours past Jakarta, just to come back on ourselves. haha.


Probably one of the smoothest check-ins I've experienced with an airline when traveling with lots of gear. Singapore Airlines had us in and out within an hour for check in and reduced the excessive bag/weight fees by $5,000 which was very nice of them! ;-)


I had to put fragile stickers on everything that we flew with and since my good friend Phil was close by, I had to tag him with a sticker as well! He's a good sport and a great guy to tour with! 



Once we arrived in Jakarta, it was supposed to be about an hour drive to the hotel. Well, it took almost 4 hours to travel 18 miles with traffic. I have never seen anything like the traffic they have out here. I thought India was bad with having no rules on the road, but out here, there are literally NO rules to how people drive. Next time I have to sit in rush hour, I will definitely remember Jakarta and how horrible traffic was here. Scooters and motorcycles would drive on the pedestrian walkways/bridges that go over the freeways as well. Not like one or two, but there were hundreds of them doing it...pretty amazing to watch.

Some of the areas here are pretty run down...but every place in the world has its nice and not so nice areas. Perspective really is a state of mind. Every time I travel, I am so thankful for where I live and the simple luxuries that we all take for granted without even thinking about it...like water, sewers and electricity.






Our show is later today. We came in last night to do some prep work and to see what the situation was going to hold. Everyone has been very nice and things are going as they should, which is always nice! 


Back to work...



No comments:

Post a Comment